Welcome to WinAbility Software!
Folder Guard: password-protect or hide sensitive folders
Don’t want your kids to mess up your tax return files? Don’t want your photo collection to be damaged by a virus? Don’t want someone to install software without your permission?
With Folder Guard®, you can restrict access and visibility of files and folders, protect folders with passwords, fine-tune the access rights for different users and applications, etc.
How to protect a USB flash drive with a password?
We all have them, they are compact and convenient, but wouldn’t it be great if it were possible to protect the USB flash drives with passwords? You know, in case you forget the flash drive somewhere, to prevent whoever finds it from getting the files? See how easy it is to encrypt encrypted external drives with USBCrypt software. Read more…
How to password-protect folders?
Do you share your computer with others? Do you want to have your personal folders protected with passwords? Or, how about completely hiding a private folder and making it invisible to any Windows program? Learn how to set up a hidden folder or a password-protected folder with Folder Guard software and stop other users from discovering or opening your protected files and folders. Read more…
Work with files like a Pro
Ever since Norton Commander for MS DOS was released back in 1986, millions of computer users agreed: the most productive way of working with files is to have two independent folders displayed side by side. Meet AB Commander, the file manager that continues the dual-panel tradition and is fully compatible with Windows 10, 8 and 7 (both 32-bit and x64). Read more…
Why can’t I copy files over 4GB to my flash drive?
If your flash drive has plenty of free space, yet Windows gives you an error when you attempt to copy a large file over 4GB size to it, it means that the format of the drive is not suitable for keeping such large files. Learn how to solve this problem.
How to restrict software downloads?
Folder Guard is not only for protecting folders with passwords! If you don’t want users of your network to download and run arbitrary programs they can find on the Internet, you can restrict their download abilities with Folder Guard, too. Here is how…
Make it easier to return your lost encrypted drive
If you lose a flash drive encrypted with USBCrypt, your files will be safe: no one would be able to get them without knowing your password. However, wouldn’t it be nice to get the lost drive back anyway? Here are a few tips how to increase the chance of getting the lost drive back.
- Solved: How to add Group Policy and Local Security Policy to Windows 10 Home
- File too large for USB drive? Here is how to fix it.
- Forget your WI-FI password? Find it in Windows 10 settings
- What is FAT32 maximum file size limit?
- How to create a secret folder with Folder Guard for Windows 10
- How to easily password-protect Windows 10 Linux folders with Folder Guard
- How to reset the root password after upgrading MariaDB
- How to upgrade MySQL or MariaDB properly
- Force DISKPART to delete EFI system partition on Windows 10
- How to make Windows 10 recognize a cloned hard drive again
- How to stop Windows 10 from using thumbnail preview icons for folders
- How to hide pictures from the Photos app in Windows 10
- How to save Windows Spotlight photos to your computer
- How to move the OneDrive folder to an encrypted drive
- Windows 10 fails to upgrade? Here is how to fix it.
- How to stop Microsoft Edge from hijacking PDF files
- Preventing installations of specific programs with Folder Guard
- Folder Guard licensing explained
- Speed up the updates of the network folders
- Make your Windows laptop work as a Wi-Fi access point
- How to stop automatic updates on Windows 10
- Windows cannot connect to the printer. Access is denied.
- Migrating encrypted data from TrueCrypt to USBCrypt
- Enhancing a photo CD collection with PhotoLauncher
- “The Microsoft account service is unavailable right now. Try again later.”
- Using DiffMerge as the external tool of AB Commander to compare plain text files
- How to erase the icon cache and/or thumbnail cache in Windows 10
- Transferring images between your PC and an Android device: Part 2
- Transferring images between your PC and an Android device: Part 1
- Case study: Using SoftDetective to suppress Corel Guide sign-in prompt
- Using junction points to change the iTunes backup folder location
- How to tell if my Windows is 32- or 64-bit?
- How do I stop Windows from rearranging my desktop icons?
- Organize your photo library with the Rename tool of AB Commander
- Windows does not offer the NTFS format option? Here is how to bring it back.
- Encrypt Firefox profile, bookmarks, and cookies with USBCrypt
- Restarting Windows 10 and Windows 8 in the safe mode
- Integrating AB Commander with Universal Viewer
- How to delete a protected EFI system partition with Windows 10, 8, or 7
- Using Folder Guard to protect from the social engineering attacks
- How to erase Windows login password if you forget it
- How to unhide a folder hidden with Folder Guard
- How to repair Windows desktop icons with AB Commander
- Slow network in Windows 7 Virtual PC? Speed it up!
- How to show drive letters first in AB Commander and Windows Explorer
- What is my IP address?
- Why can’t I copy large files over 4GB to my USB flash drive or SD card?
- Test the strength of your password with USBCrypt
- How to set up an external text editor for AB Commander
- How to restrict Internet Explorer from downloading programs from the Internet
- Personal vs business license for USBCrypt
- Use Folder Guard to restrict access to Control Panel
- Compare MySecretFolder and Folder Guard
- Hide folders and make files invisible with Folder Guard
- WINEXIT vs ActiveExit: automatically log off users from Windows 10
- Password protect folders, lock files and folders with passwords
- How to restrict access and lock external drives with Folder Guard
- How to password-protect Dropbox folder with USBCrypt
- How to set up Folder Guard to stop downloading from the Internet
- Is [Wipe the content] the same as [Secure Delete]?
- How to encrypt and protect the system C: drive with USBCrypt
- Make it easier to return your lost encrypted drive
- USBCrypt for users of Microsoft® Office
- How to start programs elevated from a batch file
- How to make elevated programs recognize network drives
- How to disable hibernation with AB Commander
- Using names and labels to organize USBCrypt drives
- How to password-protect a USB flash drive
- Always have a backup of your important files