Compare MySecretFolder and Folder Guard
MySecretFolder has a simple and straightforward user interface, which you may find much easier to use than that of Folder Guard. On the other hand, Folder Guard offers more protection options, giving you more flexibility in protecting your computer resources.
MySecretFolder can protect only one folder at any given time, while Folder Guard lets you protect any number of files and folders at the same time.
MySecretFolder simply hides the secret folder, while Folder Guard lets you fine-tune the access rights to the folder (for example, make it read-only or prevent all access to it, make the folder itself hidden or only its contents, etc.)
MySecretFolder protects the folder in the same way for all users of your computer, while Folder Guard lets you set up the protection so that any particular folder may be protected from some users and accessible to others.
There are many other important features offered by Folder Guard but not supported by MySecretFolder, such as user-specific restrictions, trusted programs, file filters, and more.
Read more about Folder Guard...
Please feel free to download the fully functional evaluation version and give it a try. If you don't like it, use Windows Control Panel to uninstall it, no strings attached.
- Frequently Asked Questions about MySecretFolder
- What people are saying about MySecretFolder...
- How to set up a hidden folder with MySecretFolder
- Changing options for MySecretFolder
- Compare MySecretFolder and Folder Guard
- End User License Agreement (EULA)
- How to password-protect a USB flash drive
- Always have a backup of your important files