We offer two kinds of licenses for the continued use of Encryptability: personal and business.
The personal license is available for purchase at a discount, and it entitles you to use Encryptability for the home, personal use only. For example, you can use Encryptability under the personal license to create Virtual Encrypted Disks to keep your personal files: documents, photos, videos, tax returns, financial records, and so on.
However, if you use Encryptability to encrypt any files related to your business or employment, you must purchase the business license.
The functionality of Encryptability under the personal or business license is the same, except that when Encryptability is registered with a business license, it gives you additional choices of the encryption algorithms:
|Algorithm available with:||Encryptability personal license||Encryptability business license|
AES-128 stands for Advanced Encryption Standard with 128-bit key, and AES-256 selects the same AES algorithm but with the 256-bit key.
Twofish-128 stands for Twofish algorithm with a 128-bit encryption key, and Twofish-256 means Twofish encryption with a 256-bit key. Finally, the choice of AES-Twofish-512 gives you the cascade encryption algorithm that is a combination of AES-256 and TF-256 with the effective key length of 512 bit.
The XTS encryption mode is considered the best choice at the time of this writing. Business customers can also select the CBC mode which is an older standard that has some deficiencies, but may be required for compliance with some requirements you might have.
- Encryptability vs Folder Guard: which one to choose?
- Personal vs Business license
- Limitations during the evaluation period
- What's new in the new version
- Encryptability press release
- End User License Agreement (EULA)
- WinAbility Encryption Driver
- Why can’t I copy large files over 4GB to my USB flash drive?
- How to password-protect a USB flash drive
- Always have a backup of your important files