MySecretFolder: computer privacy software for Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP
Hide a Secret Folder
Do you share your computer with others? Do you want to stop them from peeking into your personal files? With MySecretFolder software, you can hide and password-protect your secret folder on your computer without encrypting the files it contains. The protection is instantaneous, no matter how many files the folder contains or how large they are. However, your secret folder will be protected only on your computer, where MySecretFolder software is running. Read more about MySecretFolder...
Encrypt external USB flash drives
Do you want to put your secret files on a flash or other removable drive and protect them with a password? If yes, then USBCrypt is the software you need. This software creates an encrypted area on the drive that you can use to keep your sensitive files. You can use the encrypted drive with other computers, that don't have USBCrypt software installed. If you lose the drive, no one will be able to get to your files, no matter how hard they try: the strong AES encryption will keep them safely protected. Read more about USBCrypt...
Hide or protect your secret folder with a password
MySecretFolder™ is a computer security software that you can use to hide your secret folder from other users, protect it so that no one will even suspect that your private folder exists! Yet the folder would be easily accessible to you, when you need it: just run the MySecretFolder application (or double-click the notification taskbar icon), enter your password, and it will unlock and open the folder. While the folder is unprotected, you can work with the files and documents it contains, just like with any other folder you have. When you are done, lock the folder and the folder will disappear again, until you need it next time.
Planning to upgrade to Windows 10? You must backup your important files before the upgrade! Read more...
You can use MySecretFolder software to hide a folder from Windows Explorer and other programs. In addition to hiding it, MySecretFolder also locks your secret folder with a password. Other users of your computer would not be able to open the folder or the files it contains unless they know the password you have set up.
MySecretFolder offers many ways of customizing its operation to suit your preferences:
- You can configure MySecretFolder to display a taskbar icon for quick access to your secret folder, as well as as to serve as an indicator of the status of its protection.
- You can set up MySecretFolder to clean up the system list of the most recently used programs and documents from the traces of the files located in your secret folder, so that other users would not be able to detect the presence of your secret folder.
- You can configure MySecretFolder to protect the secret folder even in the safe mode of Windows. (However, we do not recommend to use this option if you are not very experienced with Windows troubleshooting.)
Is this software compatible with Windows 10?
Yes, MySecretFolder is fully compatible with Windows 10, as well as with Windows 8, 7, Vista, and Windows XP. (Both the 32- and 64-bit version of Windows are supported.)
What if I forget my password?
Did you know? You can use our software USBCrypt to password-protect the USB thumb drives and other external drives with strong AES encryption. You can try it free for 30 days. Read more...
No problem: If you forget your password, or if some other problem occurs, simply click on the Reset password link on the password window, and enter your valid license information into the form. If the license information that you have entered matches the license of your copy of MySecretFolder, it will unprotect your personal folder for you.
Use it for FREE for 30 days!
Try it for 30 days with no obligation to continue, no strings attached, no "nag messages" displayed to other users, and see for yourself how MySecretFolder can be of use to you. If you don't like it, simply use the Add/Remove Programs command of Windows Control Panel to remove it from your computer, that's it.
- Frequently Asked Questions about MySecretFolder
- What people are saying about MySecretFolder...
- How to set up a hidden folder
- Changing the MySecretFolder options
- Compare MySecretFolder and Folder Guard
- MySecretFolder press release
- End User License Agreement (EULA)
- How to password-protect a USB flash drive (video)
- Always have a backup of your important files