StartFinity™, the missing Start Menu for Windows 8/8.1, is here!
Looking for the missing Start button on your Windows 8/8.1 desktop? You came to the right place!
StartFinity™ brings the Start button and Start Menu to Windows 8/8.1, giving you quick access to all the usual places and commands, including Programs, Control Panel, Computer, Documents, etc.
How to protect a USB flash drive with a password
We all have them, they are compact and convenient, but wouldn’t it be great if it were possible to protect the USB flash drives with passwords? You know, in case you forget the flash drive somewhere, to prevent whoever finds it from getting the files? Watch this 5 minute video and see how easy it is to encrypt and use the encrypted external drives with USBCrypt™ software. Read more…
How to Password-protect Folders
Do you share your computer with others? Do you want to have your personal folders protected with passwords? Or, how about completely hiding a private folder and making it invisible to any Windows program? Learn how to set up a hidden folder or a password-protected folder with Folder Guard software and stop other users from discovering or opening your protected files and folders. Read more…
Work with Files Like a Pro
Ever since Norton Commander for MS DOS was released back in 1986, millions of computer users agreed: the most productive way of working with files is to have two independent folders displayed side by side in one window. Meet the software file manager that continues the dual-panel window tradition and is fully compatible with Windows 8 and 7 (both 32-bit and x64). Read more…
Why can’t I copy files over 4GB to my flash drive?
If your flash drive has plenty of free space, yet Windows gives you an error when you attempt to copy a large file over 4GB size to it, it means that the format of the drive is not suitable for keeping such large files. Learn how to solve this problem.
How to restrict downloading programs?
Folder Guard is not only for protecting folders with passwords! If you don’t want users of your network to download and run arbitrary programs they can find on the Internet, you can restrict their download abilities with Folder Guard, too. Here is how…
Protecting Dropbox folder with encryption
The files that you keep in your online Dropbox account are protected by Dropbox software. Wouldn’t it be nice to have them protected on your computer, too? Learn how to move your Dropbox folder to a Virtual Encrypted Disk created with USBCrypt software.
Make it easier to return your lost encrypted drive
If you lose a flash drive encrypted with USBCrypt, your files will be safe: no one would be able to get them without knowing your password. However, wouldn’t it be nice to get the lost drive back anyway? Here are a few tips how to increase the chance of getting the lost drive back.
- How to erase the icon and/or thumbnail cache in Windows 8/8.1
- Transferring images between your PC and an Android device: Part 2
- Transferring images between your PC and an Android device: Part 1
- Case study: Using SoftDetective to suppress Corel Guide sign-in prompt
- Using junction points to change the iTunes backup folder location
- How to tell if my Windows is 32- or 64-bit?
- How do I stop Windows from rearranging my desktop icons?
- Organize your photo library with the Rename tool of AB Commander
- Windows does not offer the NTFS format option? Here is how to bring it back.
- Encrypt Firefox profile with USBCrypt
- Restarting Windows 8 in the safe mode
- Integrating AB Commander with Universal Viewer
- Website Signs Boost Sales
- How we host our web sites
- How to delete a protected EFI disk partition with Windows 7 or 8
- WinAbility software and Windows 8 get along just fine!
- Using Folder Guard to protect from the “social engineering” attacks
- How to erase Windows login password if you forget it
- How to unhide a folder hidden with Folder Guard
- How to repair Windows desktop icons with AB Commander
- Slow network in Windows 7 Virtual PC? Speed it up!
- How to show drive letters first in AB Commander and Windows Explorer
- What is my IP address?
- Amazon Cloud Drive offers free 5 GB online storage
- Why can’t I copy large files over 4GB to my USB flash drive?
- Test the strength of your password with USBCrypt
- Setting up the external text editor for AB Commander
- How to restrict Internet Explorer from downloading programs from the Internet
- Personal vs business license for USBCrypt
- Use Folder Guard to restrict access to Control Panel
- Compare MySecretFolder and Folder Guard
- Hide folders with Folder Guard
- Compare ActiveExit to WINEXIT
- Lock folders and drives with passwords
- Locking access to the external drives with Folder Guard
- Protecting Dropbox folder with USBCrypt
- How to set up Folder Guard to stop downloading from the Internet
- Is “Wipe the content” the same as “Secure Delete”?
- Can USBCrypt encrypt the C: drive?
- Make it easier to return your lost encrypted drive
- USBCrypt for users of Microsoft® Office
- Start programs elevated from a batch file
- How to make elevated programs recognize network drives
- How to disable hibernation with AB Commander
- Using names and labels to organize USBCrypt drives
- How to password-protect a USB flash drive (video)
- Always have a backup of your important files