We are excited to announce that a new version 10.8 of our encryption software USBCrypt has been just released and is available now!
This version includes many improvements and fixes, such as:
- An option to select the preferred optimization of the Virtual Encrypted Disks: you can now choose whether to optimize for performance or for quick removal of the encrypted disks.
- An option to launch the "autorun" process "As Admininstrator" when starting or stopping the encrypted disks.
- You can now create custom names for the host disks (other than the default USBCrypt Host disk), to make it easier to recognize different disks in the Explorer windows.
- While the encryption process of a drive is in progress, you can now minimize the USBCrypt window to the taskbar. You may find it handly when encrypting large drives.
- Also, you can now pause and resume the encryption process, if you need to temporarily allow other programs to use the full CPU power fo your computer.
- The built-in backup software that comes with Windows 7 or Windows Vista can now recognize the Virtual Encrypted Disks as valid backup destinations for the documents and settings.
- USBCrypt now warns you if you log off or shut down the computer while a disk is being encrypted.
- And more! Please give the new USBCrypt a try.