- MySecretFolder has a simple and straightforward user interface, which you may find much easier to use than that of Folder Guard. On the other hand, Folder Guard offers more protection options, giving you more flexibility in protecting your computer resources.
- MySecretFolder can protect only one folder at any given time, while Folder Guard lets you protect any number of files and folders at the same time.
- MySecretFolder simply hides the secret folder, while Folder Guard lets you fine-tune the access rights to the folder (for example, make it read-only or prevent all access to it, make the folder itself hidden or only its contents, etc.)
- MySecretFolder protects the folder in the same way for all users of your computer, while Folder Guard lets you set up the protection so that any particular folder may be protected from some users and accessible to others.
- There are many other important features offered by Folder Guard but not supported by MySecretFolder, such as user permissions, trusted modules, file filters, and more.
We’ve just released a minor update 8.3.2 to Folder Guard. This update corrects an error introduced in version 8.3.1 that prevented some license keys from being accepted as valid. If you’ve installed version 8.3.1 and the software asked you to enter a valid license key (even though you’ve already entered it), please download and install version 8.3.2 to correct this error.
This is a minor update to Folder Guard that corrects an issue that could cause the mapped network drives not to be protected as expected on the Windows 7/Vista computers in some situations.
If you have not experienced a problem protecting the mapped network drives with Folder Guard, you may want to skip this update. Otherwise, download it from our web site and install over the previous version.
What’s new in Folder Guard version 8.3:
- An option to enable protection in the safe mode of Windows. (Previously, this could only be enabled manually).
- User-specific restrictions for the domain users.
- Several new filters to allow you to lock all applications, or lock your MP3 collection, or restrict access to any removable drive someone might attach to your computer.
- Several other minor improvements and corrections.
If this sounds like something you were waiting for, give the new version a try. (It’s free for the first 30 days!)More information about Folder Guard…