Folder Guard Press Release
For Immediate Release
For more information contact:
WinAbility Software Corp.
Protect your files and folders with Folder Guard 22.5
WinAbility Software Corporation has released Folder Guard version 22.5, a Windows security program which you can use to hide or restrict access to your files and folders that contain sensitive information. With Folder Guard, you can make folders invisible or read-only, control access to system and program files, or restrict access to the USB and other external drives, on your stand-alone or networked computer.
Windows allows you to use its built-in security to control access to data stored on the NTFS volumes. With Folder Guard, you can secure files and folders on both the NTFS and FAT/FAT32 drives, with a greater flexibility: you can hide some files and keep other files in the same folder visible, set up the access rights using the wildcards, or make files accessible to only some programs and not accessible to the rest of the applications. You can use Folder Guard to keep your important files and documents protected from unathorized use.
When Folder Guard hides a folder, the folder's contents becomes invisible to all applications including Windows programs like Explorer, applications like Office, and even MS-DOS programs. You can require password access to the protected folders to keep away unauthorized visitors. On a user-by-user basis, you can allow or deny access to the files and folders of your choice, as well as to the commands on Start Menu and Control Panel. Folder Guard protects your files by intercepting requests from other programs to work with your files; your data is not encrypted or modified in any way. Both stand-alone and networked computers may be protected with Folder Guard.
Whether you're worried about coworkers gaining unauthorized access to your documents, or your kids messing up your work files, Folder Guard is a software-only solution to your security needs.
Folder Guard cay be purchased securely online at http://www.winability.com. Site licenses and volume discounts are available. Folder Guard is designed for Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, and Windows Server (both 32-bit and x64). For more information, or to download a fully functional trial version of Folder Guard, visit http://www.winability.com or contact WinAbility.Com at P.O.BOX 75, LA VERKIN, UT 84745-0075. Phone: 1-435-200-5772.
# # #
Please feel free to download the fully functional evaluation version and give it a try. If you don't like it, use Windows Control Panel to uninstall it: no strings attached.
- Lock folders and drives with passwords
- Hide folders from prying eyes
- Restrict access to Control Panel
- Restrict Internet Explorer from downloading programs from the Internet
- Encryptability vs Folder Guard: which one to choose?
- What people are saying about Folder Guard...
- Folder Guard videos
- A FREE 30-day license is included
- What's new in the new version
- Folder Guard press release
- Folder Guard licenses explained
- End User License Agreement (ELUA)
- Emergency Recovery Utility
- How to lock folders and drives with passwords
- How to hide folders and files
- How to unhide a folder hidden with Folder Guard
- How to create a secret folder in Windows 11 and 10
- How to restrict access to Windows Settings
- How to restrict access to Control Panel
- How to set up Folder Guard to stop downloading from the Internet
- Locking access to the external drives with Folder Guard
- How to make Folder Guard recognize network drives
- Preventing installations of specific programs with Folder Guard
- How to restrict access to Task Manager with Folder Guard
- How to password-protect a USB flash drive
- Always have a backup of your important files