May 15, 2016.
This is a major update that adds many new features and capabilities to Folder Guard, such as:
- The ability to password-protect the shared folders.
- The ability to protect access to the network drives and folders.
- Password-protected folders can now have more than one password, with different properties.
- The stealth-mode is improved to allow control of the protection via the hot key, in addition to the emergency recovery utility.
- Many subtle changes under the hood improving the functionality of Folder Guard.
This version of Folder Guard passed the Microsoft tests and is now officially certified as compatible with Windows 10.
As usual, the trial version of Folder Guard 10 comes with a free license for 30 days of full use. If you have not tried it yet, please feel free to download it and give it a try.
And, of course, if you have purchased your Folder Guard within the last 12 months, you can upgrade to this version free of charge (for the earlier purchasers the 50% upgrade discount is also available.)
- What people are saying about Folder Guard...
- Folder Guard videos
- A FREE 30-day license is included
- What's new in the new version
- Folder Guard press release
- Folder Guard licenses explained
- End User License Agreement (ELUA)
- Emergency Recovery Utility
- How to lock folders and drives with passwords
- How to hide folders and files
- How to unhide a folder hidden with Folder Guard
- How to restrict access to Control Panel
- How to set up Folder Guard to stop downloading from the Internet
- Locking access to the external drives with Folder Guard
- How to make Folder Guard recognize network drives
- Preventing installations of specific programs with Folder Guard
- How to password-protect a USB flash drive (video)
- Always have a backup of your important files