A new version 13.11 of USBCrypt software is available now for download and purchase! This version was submitted to the Windows 8.1 Application Certification and we are happy to report that it passed the tests and is now officially compatible with Windows 8.1.
What's new in version 13.11:
- A new format for the Virtual Encrypted Disks that allows for encrypting drives as large as 128 TB (tera-bytes).
- An option to skip encrypting the empty space of the drive, that dramatically increases the speed of the initial drive encryption. For example, while the previous version could take several hours to encrypt a large drive, now the same process takes less than a minute!
- When stopping a Virtual Encrypted Disk that is still in use, you can now see which processes still have the files open on that disk, and stop or even terminate them directly.
- If the host disk encounters an error while reading or writing the encrypted data, USBCrypt now notifies you immediately, by displaying a popup "balloon" in the taskbar notification area.
- Many other improvements "under the hood", that make USBCrypt even faster and more reliable than before.
As usual, the trial version of USBCrypt comes with a free license for 30 days of full use. If you have not tried it yet, please feel free to download it and give it a try.
And, of course, if you have purchased your USBCrypt within the last 12 months, you can upgrade to this version free of charge (for the earlier purchasers the 50% upgrade discount is also available.)