What’s new in Folder Guard version 8.3:
- An option to enable protection in the safe mode of Windows. (Previously, this could only be enabled manually).
- User-specific restrictions for the domain users.
- Several new filters to allow you to lock all applications, or lock your MP3 collection, or restrict access to any removable drive someone might attach to your computer.
- Several other minor improvements and corrections.
If this sounds like something you were waiting for, give the new version a try. (It’s free for the first 30 days!)
More information about Folder Guard…
We are excited to announce that a new version 10.8 of our encryption software USBCrypt has been just released and is available now!
This version includes many improvements and fixes, such as:
- An option to select the preferred optimization of the Virtual Encrypted Disks: you can now choose whether to optimize for performance or for quick removal of the encrypted disks.
- An option to launch the "autorun" process "As Admininstrator" when starting or stopping the encrypted disks.
- You can now create custom names for the host disks (other than the default USBCrypt Host disk), to make it easier to recognize different disks in the Explorer windows.
- While the encryption process of a drive is in progress, you can now minimize the USBCrypt window to the taskbar. You may find it handly when encrypting large drives.
- Also, you can now pause and resume the encryption process, if you need to temporarily allow other programs to use the full CPU power fo your computer.
- The built-in backup software that comes with Windows 7 or Windows Vista can now recognize the Virtual Encrypted Disks as valid backup destinations for the documents and settings.
- USBCrypt now warns you if you log off or shut down the computer while a disk is being encrypted.
- And more! Please give the new USBCrypt a try.
We goofed! In the previous version 7.5.6, we’ve added a few additional checks of the license key validity and it turned out one of them was one too many: it caused a message asking the user to enter a valid license key to appear in some circumstances, even though the correct license key was already entered.
To correct this error, we’ve released an updated version 7.5.7 today. (It has no other improvements over 7.5.6, so if you don’t see that message, feel free to skip this update). If you do want to upgrade, you can install the new version without removing the previous one, and it should upgrade the files and retain your settings.
This is a minor update that fixes a problem that caused the drive bar of the toolbar to move to the second row if a removable drive was attached to the computer while AB Commander was minimized. Download the update…
We’ve just released a new version of AB Commander 7.5.
This version adds several new features, such as the ability to navigate to any of the parent folders by clicking on their names in the panel title bars, or the use of the CTRL+WINDOWS key combination to quickly exit, minimize, or iconize AB Commander. This version also adds integration with our new product USBCrypt: now when you stop a Virtual Encrypted Disk created with USBCrypt, AB Commander releases its resources automatically.
As before, our usual upgrade policy applies: if you have purchased an AB Commander license within the previous 12 months, you can upgrade to this version free of charge: just download and install the new version, it should replace the previous version automatically for you. Otherwise, please visit the Upgrade Center to receive the automatic 50% upgrade discount.
Should you have any questions or comments, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Happy file commanding!
We are happy to announce the official release of our new product USBCrypt!
You can use USBCrypt to protect the sensitive files you put on the removable drives from loss or theft. With USBCrypt, you can set aside a portion of the drive to host a Virtual Encrypted Disk, and put the sensitive files inside of it. If someone gets old of your drive, they won’t be able to get your files, no matter how hard they try.
USBCrypt comes with a free 30-day trial, during which the software is 100% functional, so you can give it a good try. If you have any questions or encounter a problem, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
And the last but not least: Thanks you all who took it for a test drive during the beta test, it’s been very helpful.